The secret to glowing skin
As the seasons change so too can the way our skin looks and feels. Whilst the humid air of summer can bring with it dewy, moist skin, the colder seasons are not always so kind.
What happens to our skin in winter?
When the weather is cold the air is less humid, which results in the air being dryer. Skin cells dehydrate faster because of this cold air, and also because of the dry air inside caused by indoor heating.
The lack of moisture in the air can lead to moisture being stripped away from the skin leaving it feeling dry and rough. Without immediate care, dry skin can lead to cracking and bleeding, and the harsh winter wind can make the problem even worse. Hot showers and baths, which many of us love in winter do not help either.
Dry skin ages faster and is more prone to wrinkles, something we would all like to avoid for as long as possible! It sounds like the odds are against us, right?
Achieving radiant skin in summer can be a breeze, but you can have beautiful, glowing skin in winter too, you just need to pay a little more attention to your skin's needs.
The key is putting plenty of moisture back into your skin, and there are several simple ways to achieve this.
5 tips for beautiful, glowing skin in winter
- Moisturise - In winter you may need to switch to a richer moisturising cream to really allow your skin to feel hydrated.
- Use a gentle cleanser - A cream cleanser with nourishing ingredients such as aloe vera, cocoa butter and jojoba oil are ideal, as they will cleanse but also add moisture back into your skin.
- Add a facial oil into your skin care regime - One of the most effective ways to add moisture to your skin is by using a facial oil.
- Exfoliate - Whilst it is important not to over exfoliate your skin, gently exfoliating once/twice a week will help to remove the dead, dry skin from your face and body and allow your moisturiser to soak in and do its job.
- Drink plenty of water - Even though we may not feel quite as thirsty in the cooler months, our body still needs plenty of water to keep us adequately hydrated.
The best Dianne Caine Australia products for glowing winter skin!
For your Face:
Hydrating Rich Cream Cleanser
For your Body:
Detox Body Exfoliator
Receive natural beauty tips, advice, competitions, discounts and more!
Enter your details below and discover the benefits today.