We are all searching for ways to slow down, take time out and look after our minds and bodies. We can spend so much time and effort looking for ways to look and feel less tired, that we forget the answer is simpler than we think. Sometimes all we need is good sleep, but sleep can be undervalued and overlooked. Without adequate sleep, not only do we not feel our best, but our appearance can suffer too. While we sleep, the body’s hydration rebalances and the skin is able to recover moisture. Not getting enough sleep results in poor water balance, leading to puffy bags and dark circles under your eyes, dry skin and more visible wrinkles.
It may seem as though sleep is the time when our bodies switch off, but in actual fact there is an enormous amount of repair and rejuvenation going on.
Simple tips for a better night's sleep
✔️ Create a bedtime routine that involves some relaxing activities such as a nice hot shower or a bath with a few drops of lavender oil in it.
✔️ Avoid eating big meals before bed, instead enjoy a nice cup of herbal tea. There are blends specifically designed to help your body relax and prepare for sleep. Avoid caffeine for 4-6 hours before bed.
✔️ Switch off the TV and put your phone away. Try reading a book or listening to some calming music instead.
✔️ Try meditating, this can be a fantastic way to clear your mind and relax your body.
✔️ Use an essential oil mist spray on your pillow to help you relax and calm the mind and body.
✔️ Try to go to bed at the same time each night to help your body get into a regular pattern.
✔️ Create a calming, cosy environment to sleep in by ensuring your room is clutter free, your mattress and pillow are comfortable, and your room is dark and quiet.
In addition to allowing sleep to repair and rejuvenate your skin overnight, it's important to have a quality and consistent skincare routine.
Here's our guide to the best night-time routine for your skin
1) Cleanse your skin before bed removing all makeup and impurities that have accumulated during the day. We suggest our Hydrating Rich Cream Cleanser for dry skin and as part of an anti-ageing skincare regime or our Purifying Cleansing Gel Wash for combination or oily skin.
2) Gently exfoliate 2-3 times per week with our Regenerative Facial Polish which uses finely crushed Argan shells and Jojoba beads to gently remove dead skin cells, dirt and impurities helping to reveal smoother and refreshed looking skin.
3) Apply our Miracle Marine Mask 2-3 times per week. Not only does this mask soothe and detoxify the skin, but also instantly hydrates, helping to stimulate collagen synthesis and assist in the renewal of tissue cells, resulting in a supple, soft and glowing complexion.
4) Use a powerful natural moisturiser, our Restorative Anti-Ageing cream helps to strengthen and protect cells from pollution, whilst revitalising the skin and providing long-lasting hydration. Apply a small amount to your face, neck and décolletage.
5) Lastly, apply a few drops of facial oil to lock in the moisture with our luxurious Transformation Facial Oil. This 100% natural blend of 9 exotic, floral and botanical-derived essential oils immerses the skin to boost moisture levels and provide maximum hydration, resulting in a radiant glow.
Sweet dreams! 💚